The American League is for boys ages 8-14. This program is for recreational or competitive recreational players looking to build strong fundamentals.
Team & Player Registration (2 steps)
1) Register Your Team
- Manager registers the team Nov. 1, 2022 - Jan. 31, 2023. No fee to register a team. You will input an expected roster which includes player first name, last name and email address of parent. You will "Invite" the parent who will get an email with a link to register. Rosters can be edited at any time so players can be added or removed as necessary. Parent pays $165 player fee when they register.
- If you are a club team, and the club director is paying the fees for the team, then the club director should contact email@example.com for some special codes to register.
2) Players Register
After registering the team, entering a roster and "inviting" players, parents receive an email with a link to register. Be sure to check SPAM and junk mail for the email.
Players Register now through Jan. 31, 2023 - $165/player (late fee of $25 after Feb. 12) - if you are expected on a manager's roster, you will receive an emailed INVITE from the manager with a link to register. Be sure to check SPAM and junk mail for the email. If you are looking for a team, you can register under option "Player without a team" which will place the player on an Available Players list. You can also go to the Discussion Board and place and ad for a Player Looking for a Team or look at ads for Teams Looking for Players. CBSA will do it's best to find your player a team but cannot guarantee placement
If you are a club team, and the club director is paying the fees for the team, then club director should contact firstname.lastname@example.org for some special codes to register.
2023 League Format
- Games begin March 31, 2023
- All league games played at the Chesterfield Valley Athletic Complex (CVAC)
- Practice times & locations are determined by the coach
- 12-Game Season: March - June
- Machine pitch/1 umpire
- Games played: Fridays (6pm, 7:30pm), Saturdays & Sundays (9am - 5pm), and Mondays (6pm, 7:30pm)
- Games 1hr 20 min
- 3 pre-season and 3 in-season practices at Chesterfield Valley Athletic Complex
- 12-Game Season: March - June
- Games played: Fridays (6pm, 8pm), Saturdays & Sundays (9am - 5pm), and Mondays (6pm, 8pm)
- Games 1hr 40 min
- 3 pre-season practices and 3 in-season practices (8U-10U only) at Chesterfield Valley Athletic Complex
CBSA does not allow any player to be on more than one roster, regardless of age, division or league.
8U (Machine Pitch) for players born 5/1/14- 4/30/15
9U for players born 5/1/13 - 4/30/14
10U for players born 5/1/12- 4/30/13
11U for players born 5/1/11 - 4/30/12
12U for players born 5/1/10 - 4/30/11
13U for players born 5/1/09 - 4/30/10
14U for players born 5/1/08- 4/30/09
- Gold - Competitive
- Silver - Competitive Recreational
- Bronze - Recreational
Guest Player Policy*
CBSA will allow guest players for American League teams, provided the following are met:
* Managers must notify coordinator 24 hours before game. Not for permission but so coordinator can let the opposing manager know of guest player.
* Umpire and other manager must be made aware of guest player at ground rules.